UPS is a short form for Uninterruptible Power Supply. People use this appliance because it uses stores electricity as its source of power. In the event of a power cut, the UPS can run your PC and other accessories for anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the model. But when it comes to gaming, you probably need more longer duration of UPS to work. There is a vast difference between regular operation computer and gaming computer. Gaming computer shows high graphical resolution for high-quality game graphics and RAM while the regular computer does official work, which needs less energy than a gaming computer. The hard drive in a gaming PC is comparatively high and consumes more electrical energy than a regular computer. So this is the reason why you need the best ups for gaming pc. But before you purchase the UPS, refer to the guide below that will help you make your purchase easier.
Things to consider when purchasing UPS
Before you go on to buy power backup, there are a few things to consider. The best way to understand them is to read as many uninterruptible power supply reviews as you can. In this article, you will learn about the essential tips and features you must consider before you buy the best UPS for gaming PC.
- Power: Power is an essential aspect in a country like India where too much power cut happens. Some electrical appliances also consume a lot of electricity entirely. It is also prudent that you look for UPS that will not make a hole in your pocket at the end of the month because you paid a lot for the electricity bill. Power supply backups with less input may not offer you optimal functionality for all gaming PCs.
- Backup Time: Backup time is equally important as there is a vast difference between backups. While one unit will supply you only with emergency power for five minutes and then shut down while the other one will let you enjoy your game for up to 60 minutes during the power outage.
- Ports: If there are more ports in one UPS, then your appliances will be more protected. Even if it is USB charging ports, you can do many things during the power loss.
- Surge Protection: Not all UPS or power backups available in the market offer surge protection. Those who come with this feature differ significantly. It is a must for you to find a unit that can guarantee your appliance from power surges. UPSs that come with higher surge protection tend to do much better for games because only then will they be able to safeguard your PC and other connected appliances from low-surge voltage or overvoltage.
- Alarm: UPSs fitted with alarms will always warn you against any coming danger which could harm your appliance. Whether the alarm is mixed with any visual displays through the LCD screen or with audio will tell you the condition of your power supply and UPS.
- Cord length: Power cord length or simple cord length entirely depends on every individual’s needs. Some people work and play in large rooms and need a longer cord.
- Display: Usually, UPS with the display is not recommended, but it can turn out to be beneficial in case you want to know about the wave, battery, load capacity, back time, etc
- Warranty: UPS can last longer, but it depends on the internal battery. The life of the internal battery is between two to three years. The battery decays with time because of the constant use. Many companies offer replacement of battery after three years warranty.
- Domestic or Outdoor: If you wish to buy UPS for your office or any commercial use, then you need to purchase one which can cater to the demanding challenges like a power surge to provide enough power.
Use of UPS
Energy fluctuations are common in India, and it may end up damaging equipment like coffee machines, refrigerators, etc. However, other devices are more vulnerable; this is when a UPS can save them from these failures. If you have already purchased a UPS, here are some aspects that may interest you for its proper use.
Electricity is never a joke. So it would help if you made sure that the devices are correctly connected to electricity and can store it. The most crucial account to take is safety. Always use proper mounted electrical connections according to the current standards. Also, you must avoid connecting a UPS directly to sockets whose voltage is doubtful.
Make a connection
Few devices receive a total charge of their batteries so that you can connect them to the main power of your home as soon as you receive them. All you need to do is press the power button and connect your devices to the corresponding sockets. If this is not the case they try to connect it to the main power and then wait for the UPS to indicate that it is ready to use. Usually, the device has LED, and some even have an LCD screen where you can use know this data. Referring to the number of devices that you connect, you just have to take care not to exceed the maximum output voltage allowed for your device because this can happen if you connect UPS with high-power devices like a laser printer.
When you face power failure at home network, the batteries will begin to provide the devices connected to the UPS with the supply of electricity they need, which means that they will begin to discharge at speed directly proportional to the energy connected to the devices require. It would help if you took the necessary measures to properly turn off the device before the batteries ran out completely.
In case you want to change the fuse, the most common maintenance in these devices is that it will always be essential to replace it with another of the same type, size, and format. On the other hand, the Ups’ internal batteries need to be discharged entirely from time to time. You must take recommendation from the reviews given by different people in this regard.
Below is the comparison table following with in-detailed product information.
Zebronics Zeb-Transformer-k USB Gaming Keyboard with Multicolor LED Effect
This brand is a well-known management solution and power protections company that provides a wide variety of UPS systems that your computer needs. Unlike the standard UPS systems that provide just 15-20 minutes backup, this UPS is quite good enough to play games even during power failures.It gives the best battery backup for the gaming PC as it comes with a capacity of 865 watts or 1500VA, which is packed with four battery couples with two surge protected sockets. It also comes with an LCD that shows the status of the battery.
- Master and slave socket to automatically shut down the printer as you turn off the PC.
- Power saving feature with AVR functionality lets the UPS work efficiently under low voltage conditions.
- Manually adjustment of the voltage sensitivity to safeguard your expensive devices like PS4 gaming consoles.
- Three-year warranty
APC Back-UPS Pro BR1000G-IN, 1000VA / 600W, 230V UPS System, High-Performance Premium Power Backup & Protection for Home Office, Desktop PC, Gaming Console & Home Electronics
This UPS by APC comes with extended runtime and sufficient to complete your pending work before you finally shut down your computer during the extended power failure. This UPS can address almost all the power issues, including printing, mobile charging, etc. It has eight outlets with automatic voltage regulation to that feature to protect all the appliances from power drops/surges.
- Customize the voltage sensitivity and transfer points to extend the UPS battery life.
- The power chute software lets you save your data in case of low battery conditions.
- This UPS is an energy star certified UPS system.
- It has three years warranty
APC Back-UPS BX1100C-IN 1100VA / 660W, 230V, UPS System, An ideal Power Backup & Protection for Home Office, Desktop PC & Home Electronics
This UPC comes with a capacity of 1100VA that supports connectivity to more than a single PC. It has four battery-powered sockets with one surge protected socket. It also gives you longer runtime because of its capacity. APC Back-UPS is a step up and step down UPS that decreases or increases the sudden power drop or surge output.
- Automatic self-test feature makes you aware when your battery needs a replacement
- It has a cold-start feature that provides temporary battery power in case of a low battery.
- One year warranty
Your PC and other peripherals are valuable equipment and are essential. The only way you can protect them from sudden power outages is by owning the best UPS. If you are into gaming and own a gaming PC, you undoubtedly require the best UPS for gaming PC, and this is when the above guide will help you select the best one.