No doubt that an inverter for home use is an everyday appliance today. In regions of frequent power cuts, an associate inverter is crucial to create your life and work run swimmingly despite the barriers. As such, inverters are available in a variety of choices for different functions and equipment. An inverter is proved to be one amongst the essential factors as we tend to need Electricity throughout the day for numerous works. An inverter along with a battery is a huge fan to store Electricity and supply it throughout power cuts. Sometimes, Electricity goes for an entire day, then inverters help us out. Electricity is the most vital artefact to run all the appliances of the house. If there’ll be no electricity, you won’t be ready to use all your electrical devices throughout the recent summer and monsoon season. Electricity cuts are a unit traditional throughout this era; an inverter is the sole key to remove darkness from the house.
Features to seem upon while buying the best inverter for home
If you’re shopping for an associate inverter for the first time, then most of you aren’t aware of the fundamentals of an Inverter. There are many points to consider before shopping for the simplest Inverter for Home. To assist you we’ve provided a number of the main points of inverters that you just bear before buying for it. Inverters are categorised into three types, based on their working principle: pure sine wave, modified sine wave, and square wave. For heavy loads such as computers, microwaves, mixer grinders and TVs, Pure Sine Wave and modified sine wave inverters are suitable. They are, therefore, more costly. Square Wave Inverters are the cheapest but only suited to simple power back specifications such as fans and lights.
Inverter capacity and battery size: This reflects how many devices it can have continuous power, and how many hours it can. Volt-Amp (VA) tests efficiency. The basic rule is – large volume, higher the number of appliances it can simultaneously provide power backup. The battery is an inverter’s main component, as it stores the power needed for backup. If you want maximum hours of the reserve, it is better to go for a bigger capacity.
Load requirement: One among the foremost necessary things that you just perceive before shopping for a UPS is your power requirement. In simple words: What all electrical appliances (like CFL, tube lights, fan, television, computer, refrigerator etc.) can run at the time of power cut. Power demand is the addition of the facility consumed by numerous electrical appliances.
How to Calculate the Power Requirement?
Suppose you would like 3 Fans, 3 Tube lights, 8 LED lights, one television & 1 refrigerator to control at the time of power failure. The power consumed by this stuff is going to be full of the energy consumed by these individually:
Single Fan – 70 Watts
A tube light – 40 watts
1 led light – 7 watts
One led television – 70 watts
And A Refrigerator – 140 Watt
Therefore your total power demand is (3*70 +3*40 +8* 7 + 1*70+ 1*140) = 596 watts.
A UPS is usually recommended for running energy backup for lights, ceiling fans, computers, television etc. If you want to run the refrigerator, washing machine, air conditioner etc. you wish to shop for higher capability UPS.
- Inverter technology: From the technology point of view, there are three types of UPS available in the market.
- Pure Sinewave: A pure sine wave UPS provides grid-like power. It reduces noise from fans, fluorescent lights, amplifiers, television and are better suited.to sensitive items such as laptops, computers, stereos and laser printers. Where power inverter devices replace standard line power, a sine wave output is desirable because many electrical products are built to operate better with a sine wave power source. A sine wave is given by the average electric utility, usually with slight imperfections but often with significant distortion.
- Square wave: This is one of the simplest waveforms that an inverter design can produce, and is best suited for applications with low sensitivity such as lighting and heating. When connected to audio equipment, square wave output can produce “humming,” and is generally unsuitable for sensitive electronics. A square wave UPS is baseline UPS which provides electricity when power isn’t available.
- Modified sine wave: Numerous electrical equipment items will operate fairly well on modified sine wave power inverter devices, mainly resistive loads such as traditional incandescent light bulbs. Issues with a switch-mode power supply work almost without problems, but if the thing is equipped with a mains transformer, it can overheat depending on how marginal it is.
- Battery: The performance of a UPS mostly depends on the battery. Battery stores the energy needed to run your appliances during the power cut. The lifespan of a battery-powered inverter depends on the capacity of the battery and the amount of power the inverter draws at a given time. As the amount of equipment that uses the inverter increases, the run time will diminish. In reality, battery performance degrades with usage. Therefore you’re suggested to shop for 5-10% higher capacity battery. Therefore an electric battery with the capability of a 150 Ah can work for you.
So if you want to run 3 Fans, 3 Tube lights, 8 LED lights, one television & 1 refrigerator for 2 hours during a power failure you would need 900 VA UPS and 150 Ah battery.
Types of battery: An inverter is a vital part of the cell. An inverters performance and durability depend mainly on its battery. Inverter battery classifications are multiple. Here are just a few:
Lead Acid Batteries
Lead-acid batteries are the batteries with the most popular inverter. These are naturally rechargeable and produce large amounts of current. They are light in weight and most inexpensive. Usually, they last for 3-4 years. But they need to be maintained regularly. The test and top up of the electrolyte level have to be performed periodically. We emit dangerous gases during charge and discharge as well. So they have to be mounted at home at a well-ventilated location.
Maintenance Free Batteries
Maintenance-free batteries are the sealed lead acid batteries that do not require monitoring and top-up of the electrolyte levels. Compared to standard lead-acid batteries, they are fit and forget type batteries are safer. But compared to standard lead-acid batteries, they are expensive and have a shorter life.
The most popular and efficient inverter batteries include tubular batteries. They have a sophisticated design, high efficiency, longer operating life (8 + years) and low maintenance requirements. Because of so many advantages, They are expensive. You need to be careful with the local batteries that are on the market. Typically people go for a collection of branded inverters and local batteries. But a good combo isn’t it. Don’t use domestic batteries. They have many downside sides, such as poor performance, low safety, miserable operating life and high maintenance. Do not destroy your inverters by using those local batteries that are less effective.
Input voltage: A typical power inverter device or circuit requires a relatively stable DC power source that can supply enough current to meet the system’s intended power requirements. The voltage at the input depends on the inverter design and purpose. Examples may include:
- 12 V DC, for smaller consumer and commercial inverters typically running on a 12 V rechargeable lead-acid battery or electric outlet.
- 24, 36 and 48 V DC which are common domestic energy systems standards.
- 200 to 400 V DC, when photovoltaic solar panels provide power.
- 300 to 450 V DC, when the electric vehicle battery packs are used in a vehicle to grid systems.
- Hundreds of thousands of volts, where the inverter is part of a power transmission network of high voltage direct current.
Affordable: If you think that inverter which has so many advancements will be more expensive, so you are undoubtedly wrong there is
Luminous Eco Watt+ 850/12V, Inverter
Luminous Eco Watt + 850 is the No. 1 selling Home UPS system. It is an efficient inverter built with advanced PCB programming, microprocessor and FSW transformer. It has extra load handling capacity to run more loads than other UPS of similar ratings and inbuilt intelligent thermal management system to shut down the system in case of overheating. It has a three-stage charging system which offers safe & efficient charging and ensures a long working life of the battery. The battery charging of the UPS commences even at input voltage as low as 110V AC. Your home deserves to be power-driven by the No.1 merchandising UPS product of Luminous.
- Three-stage charging: This up supports 3-stage smart charging to ensure safe & efficient charging and longer battery life.
- Extra load handling capability: Extra load handling capacity to run more loads than other UPS of similar ratings.
- Supports all battery types: The UPS supports all kinds of batteries like a flat plate, tubular, VRLA, SMF: Gives you the flexibility to choose from a wide range of cells.
- ECO & UPS mode: In UPS Mode, the output voltage is kept in the range of 180V to 260V – ensuring the safety of sensitive appliances such as computers. In Eco Mode, the voltage variation is extended, thereby reducing battery usage.
Luminous Zelio+ Pure Sine Wave Home Inverter
The inverter which topped our list of Best Inverter for Home is Luminous Zelio+ 1100/12V Pure Sine Wave Inverter. This inverter ensures noiseless operation with the help of low harmonic distortion. This is a quick home UPS powered by a 32 bit DSP processor, Zelio has adaptive learning capability to charge batteries and intelligently calculate backup and charging time optimally. The LCD Smart display with the unique indication of this inverter displays backup and charging time, along with Mains On, Eco/UPS Mode, system fault and battery water level. Zelio is armed with comprehensive protection options like short-circuit, reverse polarity, battery over-charge and battery deep-discharge. Its pure sine wave output ensures the safety and noiseless operation of connected appliances. Works best in keeping its sine-wave production safe for sensitive devices. This inverter uses a single battery system with a rated power of 756 Watts / 900 VA (supports up to 200 AH). With this inverter, during power outages you can run the charge of 3 CFL, three ceiling fan, three tube lights, 1 TV & 1 air cooler/refrigerator. In UPS Mode of this inverter, the output voltage is kept in a range of 180V to 260V – ensuring the safety of sensitive appliances such as computers. In Eco Mode, the energy variation is extended, thereby reducing battery usage. The dimensions of this home inverter are 35 x 35 x 19 cm, and it weighs around 10.8 Kg. Best choice for those looking for a heavy-duty inverter with less power consumption for a home. This inverter is considered as best for its overall performance and protection with a pure sine-wave and other useful features. Simply club it to its proper functioning with a good battery.
- The given LCD helps you to determine the backup time left.
- The sine wave feature also makes it an efficient appliance that helps save on electricity bills.
- As it has a pure sine wave inverter, it doesn’t make any noise and has a low level of harmonic distortion.
- It has various security features like it indicates the battery water level.
Besides, with this inverter, you will get an impressive two years warranty.
V-Guard Prime Home Inverter
The inverter which occupies the second position on our list of Best Inverter for Home is V-Guard Prime DUPS. This product is compatible with all batteries from 80-230 AH in Flat Plate, Tubular, SMF and local types. Reminds you for battery water topping to avoid battery failure and inconvenience. The Battery Gravity Builder ensures that the battery is healthy and paves the way for more extended backup. The High-performance Selection Switch lets you change the power output from your inverter any time. You can also run appliances with more extended backup as it and when it is required. Also, this inverter has a noiseless operation. This inverter can run almost every home appliances, including LCD/LED TVs (up to 124.46 cm), mixer grinder (up to 600 W), and kitchen chimney (up to 1000 m3/hr). It also has a unique switch option for refrigerator compatibility. With the Dual Mode Operation, you can easily switch to the UPS mode for computer loads and move to the Normal way when you want the inverter to cater to domestic appliances. Also, the visual display shows all the needy information related to the inverter and the battery. The dimensions of this home inverter are 25 x 12 x 27.5 cm, and it weighs around 9.4 Kg.
V-Guard Prime 1150 Digital Sinewave UPS is equipped with multiple features such as battery topping reminder to avoid unnecessary trouble, performance selection switch to control connected appliances performance and Battery Gravity Builder to maintain your battery healthy. It is compatible with any 80-230 AH Battery. This V-Guard sine wave output UPS can be a compelling option if you want a low power consumption and heavy-duty inverter for your home. Being a sine wave inverter in terms of overall performance and protection, this is superior to other inverters. This is a very tough competitor to beat with dual-mode service, High-Performance Selection Turn, battery water top-up alert and other handy features. Club the battery with a good one, and you’re ready to go! Pricing is on the higher side a little, but the functionality and usability are commendable overall.
- It can change the power output from inverter at any time using the high-performance selection switch.
- Battery gravity constructors keep the battery healthy and ensure long backup.
- Battery topping reminder helps to avoid unnecessary hassles when the power gets cut.
- With the help of mute buzzer option, you never worry again about continuous power backup and restoration alerts.
- Dual-mode operation: one is the normal home-use mode and computer-use UPS mode.
Besides, with this inverter, you will get an impressive two years warranty.
V-Guard Smart Pro Digital Inverter with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
V-Guard Smart Pro 1200 S Digital Sinewave UPS with Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Connectivity. This Smart Pro 1200 S Inverter is solar compatible. This makes it perfect for usage in areas with scarce power supply. Also, this solution will help you reduce the usage of electricity from the power grid, translating to higher savings. This V-Guard Smart inverter comes with Turbo Charge Technology. By using this feature, you can charge your battery 30% faster than the regular charge. The Turbocharging mode not only charges more quickly but also provides reliable power backup. You can easily keep a check on the battery usage and performance of your device on the V-Guard Smart app. With access to information like battery backup time, battery percentage, you can accordingly plan your load usage. The dimensions of this home inverter are 27.5 x 25 x 12 cm, and it weighs around 9.6 Kg. The Smart Pro 1200 S is the first advanced DUPS with solar compatibility that can be controlled via the V-Guard Mobile App and works according to customer needs. The features of the app involve Appliance mode to run loads of up to 1000 W (electric iron, coffee maker, toaster, etc.), faster battery charging via Turbo Charge mode, mute / unmute buzzer, Selectable User Performance, check battery time, review and increase backup time, several power cuts and length within a week, etc.
- Solar compatibility.
- The Connectivity with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to allow switching modes, performance control and monitoring.
- Pure Sinewave Production is suitable for charging sophisticated electronic equipment.
- Reminder to top up battery water to prevent last-minute trouble.
- It easily syncs with your smartphone.
You will get two years warranty.
Genus Proton K 1150 Home Inverter
The full inputs voltage range charges the batteries even at a very low voltage and keeps the battery ready for total blackout time. This could be a life-saving inverter for you if you live in an area where the energy keeps on fluctuating. The materials used in making this inverter is Powder Coated CRCA Sheet used in this Inverter. This proves that this Inverter supports all types of batteries. You can connect any battery with this Inverter, and this inverter brand promises a long life for that. The transformer of this inverter is made of the Copper coil, which make is quite robust and of long life. Although this inverter hasn’t got many sales but still gets a full rating of 5 out of 5 among minimal sales. This shows that the quality of this inverter is quite lovely. Uncompromised quality makes it capable of working even in extreme power conditions so you can continue without interruption. If you are looking for the Best Inverter for Home for minimal usage or a small family, then you can probably consider this one. The dimensions of this home inverter are 27.5 x 23 x 13.3 cm, and it weighs around 10.7 Kg.
- Sure, Sine Wave Technology: The constant distortion of free power makes it safer to use with any application. Genus Inverters is emitting a Pure Sine Wave.
- King Size Voltage Input Range Works with All Batteries.
- Home UPS retains the charging even at extremely low voltages while keeping the battery ready for complete Blackout.
- In the event of a power failure, the switching process to battery mode takes a fraction of a second and ensures that connected appliances such as computers continue to receive uninterrupted power without a power failure causing the systems to reboot.
You will get an impressive two years warranty.