Why do you need a projector?
In this modern world, our home has become more of a technology hub. All the new technologies that wanted just a few days back has now become a need. Home projectors can be a great help to you in multiple ways. Let us look at some things that you can do with home projectors:-
- Prepare presentation- You can easily prepare office presentations with the help of home projectors. It is totally easy to use, and you can boost-up your confidence by pre-preparing your presentations at home.
- Gaming device- You can connect your projector to your video games and enjoy a fantastic gaming experience. The big screen makes you addicted to playing games. It can be a great source of entertainment.
- Home Theaters- Why do you want to spend so many bucks at the theaters when you can have this amazing home theater experience with home projectors? Just make some popcorn, have a cold drink, and enjoy movie theater experience in your living room.
What is special in a 3D projector?
When trying to seek for a larger and more extended display, Projector is just one of those options you go after. They’ve been employed in numerous situations – cinema experience, business presentation, game viewing, and many more. They’ve been sought after because they offer bigger screens and are less costly compared to a Television. A 3D projector, unlike a 2D type, offers images with depths bringing out a real-time action especially in a cinematic experience. With this feature, you will want to bring that cinematic experience or the game view to your home, and the best option is just the home theatre 3D projector. It gives the best image quality for large screen viewing, less background noise coming from its quiet fan, and easy hookup with your home theatre using the HDMI ports. So if you are searching for a projector for home use, the 3D home theatre type is just the right type for you.
How to choose the best Home Theatre 3D Projector?
The Home Theatre 3D Projector market is one that has a lot of models. Each model with its uniqueness. Not knowing which model to go for might instill the fear of making the wrong decision. The key to making the right decision lies solely on “what you want” and identifying the projector that satisfies your criteria.
The criteria for choosing a Home Theatre 3D projector are:
- Native Aspect Ratio
- Lamp Life
Several other factors are considered when seeking to buy your Home Theatre 3D Projector and only a few have been listed above.
The Native Resolution, as it is precisely called, is the number of pixels a projector has for creating an image. The sharper the look of your image, the higher the resolution, and the more the pixels. A projector resolution can be written in two ways – two-number and one-number. The two-number is one that shows the number of pixels in each horizontal row to the number of pixels in each vertical column. An example is 1280×800 where 1280 is the number of pixels in each horizontal row and 800 is the number of pixels in each vertical column. When you multiply these two numbers, the result gives you the total number of pixels available for the projector. The one-number inscription like 720p is one that gives you the number of pixels in each vertical column together with the progressive scan, p, that indicates that the entire picture is displayed at the same time.
Higher-resolution correspond to higher cost. Higher resolutions are needed in a good home theatre. There are common resolutions found in home theatre projectors:
- 1280×720: This resolution shows excellence in DVD video quality. It displays both 1080p found on BluRay disc and 1080i found on broadcast HDTV. They can go as low as $700 for most aggressively priced models.
- 1280×800: This resolution display 720p High Definition videos as well as standard computer resolution, 1024×768 and 1280×800, without scaling. This implies that you can view videos, computer data, and the internet. This resolution gives small black dots at the top and bottom of your projected images because it comes in 16:10 aspect ratio rather than 16:9 ratio which other resolutions of home theatre projectors have.
- 1920×1080: It displays 1080i and 1080p signals from BluRay discs player as well as 1080i signals from HDTV without any scaling. This resolution gives the sharpest and most detailed images. Their cost can go as high $10000 even though the least expensive ones cost less than $1000.
- 4K: This is also called Ultra HD and is the most recent resolution introduced. This resolution has four times the pixel of 1080p. They are very expensive and scarce.
Native Aspect Ratio
This determines the rectangular proportion in which your video image display. They can be recognized in the format of 16:9 as an example, which means 16 units for the width and 9 units for the height. Another format is one in which the proportion has been given in its lowest units. A 16:9 ratio is also written as 1.78:1. Most projectors nowadays come in their native aspect ratio which is usually 16:9. Videos come in different aspect ratios depending on the type of TV it was intended for. Videos for regular TVs come in 4:3 format and those for HDTV come in 16:9 format. There are several other aspect ratios like 2:35:1. =Your home theatre projectors will never satisfy all the formats of the video materials you will want to watch. It’s always preferred to go for a home theatre projector with a ratio of 16:9 since all HDTV broadcast material are displayed in this ratio.
The brightness of a home theatre 3D projector is measured in ANSI LUMENS and normally falls between 1000 Lumens to 2500 Lumens or even more. In choosing the kind of brightness to go for, your room or viewing environment is the deciding factor. The more the darkness of a room, the lower the Lumens needed.
The lamp of a home theatre 3D projector has its brightness reduce after some time. The lamp comes with specific working hours and this is only telling you the lamp can’t last longer than that. However, the lamp may not work up to that hours, and during this period, the brightness reduced. It’s good to go for a home theatre 3D projector that has a longer lamp life but it’s better to purchase an extra lamp for the projector.
Let's look at the specifications of a standard 3D projector:-
- Brightness- The brightness in projectors is measured in terms of Lumen. 3000-4000 Lumen is the standard brightness and does not harm your eyes.
- Screen Size- The screen size of the projector matters a lot. Bigger the screen size, lesser is the eye strain. To protect your eyes from high power, buy a projector with a big screen.
- Picture quality- The whole point of buying a home projector is invalid if the projector has a low picture quality. So make sure to buy a projector with an HD picture quality.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth feature- The modern generation demands a wi-fi and Bluetooth feature in a projector. The USB cable connection has become old school. However, it depends on your personal preference.
- Focus distance- The picture quality can sometimes depend on the height/distance at which the projector is kept. Some projectors work well only at a short distance, while some high-quality projectors can work from long distance as well.
- Screen resolution- The 21st century demands a screen resolution of 1080p in projectors. However, a screen resolution of 720p is also descent.
- Price- The price of the projector should be worth its qualities, and this goes without saying. You don’t want your money to be wasted on something not worth it.
There are several other factors you will also need to consider; factors like costs, size of the screen, installation, lens shift, and many more as I have just highlighted the few ones. Don’t worry, We have made it easy for you. You don’t have to spend hours in the market or surfing on the internet. We will mention more specifications in the following part. Here are four best projectors for home use in India:-
Myra® TouYinGer X7 LED Projector 1800 Lumen
The TouYinGer X7 from the manufacturer, Myra®, is the best 3D projector for home use in India. Myra has been a well-known brand for long and it never disappoints its customers. The projector has ports for USB, VGA, and HDMI. It comes with USB support only for Pendrive. It’s an electrical product that doesn’t require the use of the battery.
- Screen Resolution: This Myra product supports 720p and 1080p videos. It has a resolution of 800*600.
- 16:9 Aspect Ratio: It supports all HDTV broadcast materials without displaying black bars at the top and bottom of the projected page. It also supports a 4:3 ratio which is perfect for viewing classic movies and DVD based television series. These viewing materials can also be adjusted to the 16:9 when you need to block the black bars that appear from some viewing materials.
- Longer Lamp Life: Its lamp has a life of as long as 20000 hours and can have its brightness reduced after thousands of hours.
- The brightness of 1800 Lumens: The projector is perfect to be played in a dark room. It also works in a room with moderate ambient light.
- Vertical Lens Shift: With the vertical lens shift, your projector can be placed at different heights and will still properly light up your screen.
- Horizontal Lens Shift: This feature gives you some crucial movements when you can not place your projector in line with the center of the screen.
- LCD + LED Display: This Myra product provides that brighter display you want on your screen since it has the LED display technology as its source of backlighting.
AUN M18 1GB 8GB Wi-Fi Bluetooth AirScreen 3D projector
The perfectly suitable projector for the 21st century would be this 3D projector with built-in Wi-fi. It has all the features of that of an android smartphone. The M18 3D projector brings that real-time action to your home with an in-built sound system and projecting sharp and clearly defined images thanks to the 1920×1080 native resolution.
- Resolution- The screen resolution of this projector is 1920*1080. You can easily watch HD quality movies of 1080p.
- HiFi Level Speaker: The device has been equipped with two built-in 4 ohms speakers bringing that pleasing sound alongside the real action.
- Wider Screen: Projection size can go as wide as 300″, giving that movies and TV programs a bigger view. Bigger the view, lesser is the eye strain.
- Longer Lamp Life: With 50,000 working hours, there’s more time to enjoy the 100 percent brightness of its lamp. You won’t have to worry about its battery life.
- Brightness: The product comes with a brightness of 5500 Lumens.
- 16:9 and 4:3 Aspect Ratio: This feature helps you to watch both classic and modern movies and TV series. The aspect ratio is customizable.
- Colorful View: With a resolution of 1920×1080, you can watch all your 1080i and 1080p movies, thereby giving you that extremely sharp view you deserve. The picture quality is extremely clear and gives a colorful view.
- 8GB RAM, 1GB ROM: This amazing 3D projector has a RAM equal to that of a modern Android smartphone. Now, you can store as much as you want.
- Google Play Store supported: Yes, this 3D projector supports Google Play Store. This is good news for internet surfers.
- LCD + LED Display: The product provides that brighter display you want on your screen since it has the LED display technology as its source of backlighting.
- Weight: The item is light in weight. It weighs 3.6 Kg and is handy.
Dinshi Fusion Full HD Projector 3500 Lumen
- Excellent image quality- The Dinshi product has an excellent image quality. It gives you a view of 1080p HD images.
- Brightness- The Dinshi Fusion projector has a brightness of 3500 Lumen, which is a standard brightness needed in projectors. This prevents eye-strain.
- Adjustable modes- The picture mode is adjustable. There are four modes- standard, vivid, movies, and user mode. You can adjust it according to your needs and the work you are doing.
- Dual Speakers- A theater feeling is incomplete without multiple speakers. The Dinshi projector has dual Hi-Fi speakers. They give a natural and pure sound effect on your ears.
- Screen Size- The projector has a screen size of 100.5 inches. The bigger screen size reduces eye strain that you can have by watching TV.
- Weight- The product is light in weight. It weighs 3.5Kg which makes it handy.
- Environment Friendly- The projector is a green product. It has very low power consumption and is environment friendly. This saves your electricity bill as well.
BenQ has been well-known for manufacturing home theaters that are suitable for gaming, presentations, and watching movies. BenQ touts this as a good gaming projector, with high brightness (a stated 3,500 lumens) and low input lag (a stated 8.3 milliseconds with a special picture) and sound modes optimize for gaming.
- Resolution– This BenQ product gives you an experience of a screen resolution of 800*600. You can enjoy 1080p movies at your home.
- Colors Available– The BenQ product comes with two color option- white and black
- Warning alarm– when your projector’s battery is low, there will be a beep sound alert alarm. This will make you aware of the battery.
- Brightness and light source– you will get maximum brightness of 3600 lumens and light source of around 203W. You will also get the portable facilities and resolution of 800×600 pixels. The zoom ratio is 1.1x; lens control is both manual zoom and focus. The display color is also good, with 1.07 billion colors, and the light source is a lamp.
- Protective light- The light rays do not damage your eyes. So, you don’t have to worry about your eye strain or power.
- Long Lamp Life- The Lamp life of this projector is 15000 hours. It is suitable for home use.
- Aspect Ratio- The projector has an aspect ratio of 4:3. The aspect ratio is adjustable with 5 selectable options for your comfortable viewing experience.
- Item weight: It is light in weight with 3.41kg and easy to handle
Choosing a projector for your home can be a tedious task for you. You should know your needs and wants well before choosing a home theater. Go through all the pros and cons of the above four projectors and make a wise decision. Make sure to buy a projector that is worth its cost and matches your needs.