Sewing machines are a handy tool for people who want to take sewing as a career or hobby. There are many types of machines available in the market, such as manual, electrical, and computerized. But among these three, the most loved one is manual sewing machines, also known as traditional sewing machines. Manual sewing machines are a great way to engage in sewing and stitching.
They are easy to use, and most people find it more engaging than electrical and computerized sewing machines. The best part about these sewing machines is that it functions without electricity and one just needs some manual work to sew clothes. Overall, people don’t face any issue using these machines, and they are quite easy to maintain and operate. Now, we’re going to discuss about types of best manual sewing machines in India. But before we get started with that, let’s take a look at the benefits of having a manual sewing machine with the foot pedal.
Our Best Recommended Products To Buy Online
Product Buy Link
Usha Bandhan Straight Stitch Composite Sewing Machine (Black)
Usha Anand Straight Stitch Composite Sewing Machine (Black)
Singer Tailor Delux Straight Stitch Hand Sewing Machine (Black)
REENA Singer Magna Cast Iron Sewing Machine Top
NAVEEN SEWING MACHINE Cast Iron Tailor Model Sewing Machine Head, 44x33x22cm(Black)
Tailor Master Sewing Machine Head by Zenith.
Benefits of Manual Sewing Machines
Manual sewing machines have a lot of advantages over the electric one. Let’s check out some of these below.
- These machines are cheaper than their electronic counterparts, and they also offer better utility.
- They are easy to repair and also easy to maintain. You don’t have to deal with a complicated motherboard during the repair.
- These machines are effortless to use, and you can easily use them for hours without a break. They are the perfect machines for tailors.
- These manual machines do not require electricity, so electricity cuts don’t impact your business.
Many brands manufacture manual sewing machines, but the real question is, how reliable are those machines? To help you out here, our expert did the research part, and we found the best manual sewing machines in India. So, without wasting time, let’s get started and check out the best manual sewing machines in India. Here’s the list of best available manual sewing machines in India that you can purchase from any marketplace.
1. Bandhan Straight Stitch Composite Sewing Machine by Usha
Usha is one of the most famous brands when it comes to manual sewing machines in India. Usha brand manufactured products are not just reliable, but they are also durable. Bandhan straight stitch composite sewing machine is one such great product offered by Usha, and this sewing machine also comes with the base. Get more details. It’s pretty easy to maintain tools because of its closed type shuttle race stud. This product is also ISI certified, so you don’t need to worry about the quality of the product.
Like the other conventional sewing machines, this sewing machine also features a traditional screw-type presser adjustment, which helps the user in adjusting the presser foot. At the same time, the fabric is already placed under it. Overall, this sewing machine is one of the best manual sewing machines with foot pedal available for sale in India.
2. Anand Straight Stitch Composite Sewing Machine by Usha
This is another excellent manual sewing machine from Usha. Anand Straight Stitch Composite Sewing Machine by Usha is one of the most trusted manual machines in the Indian market. It has all those regular functions of a manual sewing machine, plus it features a stitch regulator, which enables you to switch in both forward and reverse directions. This machine is heavy duty and durable.
Overall, this is a great machine and worth every penny for the buyer. This machine makes stitching easy because of the high-quality parts used in it. It’s effortless to attach this sewing machine to a table stand, or you can also go a step further and connect a motor to this sewing machine. It’s a perfect machine for the tailors.
3. Tailor Delux Straight Stitch Hand Sewing Machine by Singer
The number 3 machine on our list is Singer’s Tailor Delux Straight Stitch Hand Sewing Machine. It’s one of the best quality straight stitch sewing machines in the market. It’s a traditional-looking machine and also features a base assembly. There are two sewing machines models available from the singer brand. One is a Solo machine and the other one is a Tailor Delux, a premium selling model. The Singer brand is known for its durability, and there’s no doubt that machines can last ages with minimal maintenance. The only thing you need to check that you are lubricating the moving parts regularly; this will make this machine more durable.
This machine has a special needle which enables users to stitch on denim like thick fabric. The needle is durable, and it doesn’t easily break. Machines look more attractive because of its traditional looks and if you’re looking for a manual machine for your tailor workshop, then this could be your go-to machine. We’ll surely recommend this machine for tailor and other such workshops.
4. Reena Magna Cast Iron Sewing Machine by Singer
Reena’s product series by Singer is a market leader when it comes to manual sewing machines. It’s a durable machine. The only thing that you should keep in mind before purchasing this machine is that it comes with only the top part. The machines don’t feature a built-in base. So, if you’re thinking of buying this machine, make sure you have the base or a cable assembly for the device. But this doesn’t stop buyers from purchasing this machine because this a very high-quality sewing machine; it’s durable and sturdy.
It comes with a one-year warranty applicable from the date of purchase. This is a good quality machine, which is perfect for both commercial and personal use. This machine features a hand attachment, but a foot pedal or a motor can also be easily attached to the machine.
5. Iron Cast Tailor Model Sewing Machine Head by Naveen
The number 5 machine on our list is a straight stitch hand-operated machine by Naveen. This machine doesn’t come with a proper base or a cover, so this is a perfect machine for people who want to use it with a tabletop. You will not be getting any base or tabletop with this machine; you need to purchase it separately. The machine also features a stitch regulator, which enables the users to change the stitch length easily. You also get a bobbin winder in the machine, which makes winding the bobber very quick and easy on this machine.
The machine comes with a one-year manufacturing warranty, which protects your product from any kind of manufacturing defect. Overall, this is a great sewing machine, and you won’t face any issue using this machine. The best thing about this machine is that the manufacturer provides many other accessories included in the box, such as oil bottles for lubrication.
6. Tailor Master Sewing Machine Head by Zenith.
The last swing machine on our list is the Tailor Master Sewing Machine by Zenith. This machine also doesn’t feature a base or handle. It can be used for personal or home use, if you are ready to purchase a handle separately or if you already have a handle. It is effortless to attach this machine with a base, and the machine also works wine with a manual foot pedal or an electric motor assembly.
The machines feature a hinged type pressure foot and a cam motion type thread for take-up lever. It uses an oscillation motion shuttle and also has a feature to stitch in both forward or reverse direction, which makes it a versatile machine.
This is a highly reliable machine, and it’s best for commercial use. You will not going to face any problem while using the machine as it’s made of the right quality parts. This is a very affordable
machine. Zenith is one of the highly trusted brands in India, and it has been a market leader for more than 50 years.
Maintaining Manual Sewing Machines
- After purchasing a manual sewing machine. There are some tips that you have to follow to ensure the long-life of the product.
Always keep sure that you’re cleaning the machine regularly. Clean your machine after every 10-12 hours of usage.
- Keep your machine away from moisture as it will lead to rusting, thus damaging your machine.
- Always replace the needle at a regular interval. And use the correct size and type of needle for your machine. There are different types of needles for different types of fabric.
- Keep the machine well lubricated. Use machine oil for lubrication. Make sure all the moving parts of the machine are well lubricated.
- Don’t go too fast with the sewing machine. Always start slow with a new machine and get used to it. Every sewing machine is different in its way, so it takes time to understand the machine.
- Get your machines professionally serviced at least once a year. No matter if you have a cheap or expensive sewing machine, annual servicing is always a good idea.
- Every sewing machine comes with a how-to-use manual, and this manual also contains directions on how to clean parts of the sewing machine. Once you start opening your sewing machine, it can get confusing. To avoid confusion, always work on one part at a time. Once you’re done cleaning one part, put that part back into its place and then start on another piece. Well, this could be time-consuming, but by this, you can ensure that every part of the machine is in the right place. This will make sure the smooth running of the machine.
These were some of the best manual sewing machines in India. All these machines on the list are highly durable, and even technologically advanced electrical machines are not able to replace these traditional machines. These machines are perfect for home use and can be used for commercial purposes.