Cough, cold, flu, and other allergies are common problems during winters, especially for children. We are all aware that steam inhalation is the best way to eliminate all these common problems. Many doctors recommend steam inhalation if any of these issues happen. Especially during the times like COVID-19, every one of us tried to look for the best streamer for cold. We all know that steam inhalation is the best way to get rid of and find relief from respiratory issues, nasal blocks; this process has been employed since ancient times. Earlier it was done through utensils, but thankfully latest techniques have helped improve and made it easier by the steam inhalers.
Working of steam inhalers
It is very easy to use a steam inhaler, and most steam inhalers work in the same way. All you need is pour cold water into the chamber and plug the device into a power outlet. After a few minutes, you can see the water boiling down and producing steam, which is then inhaled through a mouthpiece.
Steamer vs. Humidifier
Many think steamers and humidifiers to be the same, but they are indeed different. Humidifiers, aroma diffusers, vaporizers, or steam inhalers have almost similar functions: to moisturize the environment, but each product’s goal and mechanism are different from the rest. Streamers and humidifiers serve the same purpose, which is to increase the humidity but very slightly. Humidifiers have no heating element, thus increasing the humidity levels in the air without increasing the temperature. Simultaneously, the steam inhalers are the type of vaporizers that increase both temperature and humidity in the air. Steamers release the humidity directly into the lungs and sinuses of the user, where humidifiers break water into tiny particles that can be inhaled. It is, in fact, true that unlike humidifiers, steam inhalers provide significant short term results.
Benefits of streamers
Inhalation therapy has been in existence for a long time and has been a perfect instrument in providing relief from various respiratory issues. Below are some of the main benefits of streamers:
- Physicians usually recommend steam inhalation to relieve the symptoms of sinusitis, asthma, common cold, bronchitis, breathing allergies, etc. The moist and warm air through steam inhalers clear the airways and restore the respiratory system’s functioning.
- Since steamers increase the blood flow, it leads to eliminating toxins and alleviating migraines or severe headaches.
- Steamers increase the body temperature by the heat generated. This helps to improve blood circulation in the entire body.
- Many steamers also come with the feature of facial steamers. It helps to enhance physical beauty by reducing facial acne and opening the clogged pores on the skin. You can easily get rid of the accumulated dirt and get vibrant and young skin.
Benefits of streamers
You must look for various features if you want to get the best steamer for cold. The following features will help you to distinguish the best one in the crowd:
- Functionality: Steamers are designed for different purposes, so look for the steamer according to your needs.
- Easy use: You must always look for steamers that are easy to use and operate. There are different types of steamers available in the market, some run by batteries and some by power. They may also come with timer settings or some provisions to adjust the intensity of steam. No matter what features are given, steamers should be chosen based on their easy operation.
- Steam generation: Some steamers come with adjustable volume and steam flow, while some have an automated steam generation system. The choice depends on you, which one you go for.
- Size: The size of the steamer depends on your ability to carry, maintain, and store. If you are an avid traveler, you may require a portable device.
- Budget-friendly: The choice of purchasing a steamer depends on your budget. A basic steam inhaler may cost around Rs. 250 but high may be around Rs. 1500 or more.
- Built: The material used for the steamer determines the durability. Most steamers are made of plastics. However, aluminum and hospital-grade steamers are more durable and safer.
- Safety: The use of steamers includes a lot of hot water and steam, so you need to be extra cautious while choosing and handling. It would be best to go with the one that comes with a temperature control feature.
Keep the above-mentions features in mind and make a wise choice, but let us look at the top 3 best steamers for cold in India.
Mabis Steam Inhaler
Mabis is a personal steamer with stylish features, excellent performance, and a versatile device to cure your respiratory ailments like cold naturally. It provides therapeutic and warm steam vapor to clear the lungs, gently relieve congestion, soothe sore throats, break blocked sinuses and moisturize the nasal cavities. You can even add your favorite essential oils to it if you would like to enhance steam’s healing effects.
- Adjustable steam control
- Auto shut-off safety feature
- Sleek and stylish design
When we talk about cold, stuffy nose, flu, or infections, the first brand that strikes our mind is Vicks. This steamer from Vicks is an absolute choice if you are looking for quick relief from nasal, cold, and sinus congestion along with any allergies. Its soothing steam targets the mouth, throat, and nose for natural and effective help to improve sinus congestion, irritation, and dryness.
- Compact and lightweight
- Dual scent pad slots for soothing Vicks vapors
- Soft, comfortable with flexible hood
Dr. Trust Home Steamer
This is the smart choice if you are not getting relief from cough and cold issues. This nasal steamer works very well and helps you relieve from a throat infection, cold, or congestion issues. It also helps to restore sufficient moisture to the respiratory tracts and lungs. Besides, it also comes with addition as it opens the clogged pores and makes your facial skin younger and healthier.
- Gentle steam flow
- Two-speed levels
These are our top 3 picks for the best steamer for cold in India. These steamers are tried and tested by several customers, and we have come to the agreement after sieving in from the reviews by the customers.
Steam inhalers are not high prices and have ended up being one of the must-have equipment for every house, especially if you have kids or the elderly at home. While purchasing the best steamer for cold, you should consider the points mentioned above.