Hair fall is a common issue faced by every person out there. Until and unless someone is extremely fortunate, every person has the tendency to lose their precious strands over time. Owing to hair fall concerns, women start trying different methods to combat with the hair loss and regain their precious strands. These methods range from hair growth supplements to salon treatments, with each of these coming up with their own versions of hair growth enhancement and benefits. While not all of these supplements and remedies show results, they end up leaving a massive dent in your pockets, which feels like a waste once we realize the failure of these products.
There is a huge list of ingredients that help to strengthen hair follicles and roots, thus reducing hair fall and also aiding in the growth of new hair. These ingredients can easily be found in the house and kitchen and can be used as DIY hair treatments. While these treatments are effective, one usually fails to get the perfect blend of ingredients every single time and might not get the exact same results every single time. This problem can easily be solved by getting a nice tub of hair mask from the market that comprises the goodness of any of these ingredients while also giving the same result every time without causing any mess and also by going easy on the pocket. Some of these magical and effective ingredients include the following.
- Eggs: Egg white is a wonderful source of protein, and the other nutrients present in the egg yolk, which includes Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Biotin, and Folate are incredibly beneficial for the hair since they help to strengthen hair while reducing hair fall and aid in the growth of new hair strands. Eggs are also an excellent ingredient for softening the hair.
- Hibiscus: Hibiscus is one of the best foods for the scalp. This flower has the potent nutrients for dealing with multiple hair issues, including lack of hair growth, premature graying of hair, dandruff concerns, and much more. Hibiscus further helps to rejuvenate the scalp and aids in promoting hair growth.
- Curry Leaves: Curry leaves are extremely rich and abundant with antioxidants that help to moisturize the scalp thoroughly and remove dead hair follicles in order to promote hair growth. Curry leaves are also very high in beta carotene and have a good amount of protein content which plays an instrumental role in prevention of hair loss and thinning of hair while helping in strengthening of hair follicles, regenerating the dormant hair follicles, and regrowing new hair.
- Castor Oil: Castor Oil is one of the best oils available for the enrichment of the scalp. Castor oil is known for packing the goodness of ricinoleic acid and Omega 6 fatty acids which helps to increase the blood circulation in the scalp and improves hair growth when massaged onto the scalp.
- Biotin: Biotin, which is also commonly referred to as Vitamin B7, helps in stimulating Keratin production in hair and increases the rate of hair follicle growth.
- Collagen: Collagen supplements have long been known to increase the body’s hair building proteins which results in longer and thicker hair. Collagen also helps reduce the appearance of grey hair by giving support to the structure of the hair follicle, which produces the pigment which provides color to the hair.
- Onion Juice: Onion Juice is known for providing extra sulfur to support strong and thick hair when added to the scalp, thus preventing hair loss and promoting hair growth. The sulfur from the onions also stimulates collagen growth in the hair, which helps in the production of healthy hair cells.
- Bamboo Vinegar: Bamboo Vinegar helps to improve blood circulation in the scalp. It kills the bacteria present in the hair and smoothens the hair shaft. It also helps condition the hair while making it shiny and strengthening it from root to tip.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar is known for being rich in nutrients like Vitamin B and Vitamin C, which is very good for the mane and its health. It also contains alpha-hydroxy acid, which has the ability to gently exfoliate the skin of the scalp and is also inflammatory and has properties to help with dandruff issues. It helps in clearing off the bacteria and maintain the pH level of the scalp, which is beneficial for promoting hair growth and overall hair health.
While there are several hair masks available in the market that comes in different blends of the above mentioned ingredients and some other beneficial ingredients, not all of them are affordable or very effective. Listed below are three top-rated and most effective products that help to stimulate hair growth while also providing intensive nourishment to the hair.
StBotanica Biotin & Collagen Strengthening Hair Mask is a powerful formula that helps volumize even the skinniest of strands into fuller and more abundant looking locks. It is free of chemicals, including parabens and SLS, and is abundant in natural herbal hair care ingredients, including the deep conditioning shea butter, Moroccan Argan Oil, and Vitamin E. The hair mask provides a luxurious and intensive moisturization to the hair for that wow effect. The natural hair oils present in the formula help repair any damage caused by heat and excess styling, and the hydrating minerals help to hydrate the hair and scalp. The mask also contains advanced protein formula that targets the split ends and adds volume to the hair. It also softens the hair and helps in repairing the damaged cuticles for long lasting hydration. The presence of Biotin and Collagen in the hair mask helps to promote hair growth and strengthens the hair follicles.
Packaging: Retailing for about Rs. 775 for 300 ml of the product, the packaging is done in a luxurious-looking chic plastic circular container with a metallic finish screw top lid.
Texture: The product is extremely thick and creamy, which glides on smoothly on the hair strands to provide instant nourishment to the hair.
Ingredients: The product is packed with the goodness of Biotin (B7), Collagen, natural oils like Moroccan Argan Oil and Avocado oil, Vitamin B5, Vitamin E, and Silk Proteins.
Mamaearth Onion Hair Mask
Mamaearth’s Onion Hair Mask is enriched with onion juice which is known for targeting the roots of the hair while strengthening them and reducing hair fall. It also helps restore lost nutrients and repairs the previously caused damage to the hair. The presence of Organic Bamboo Vinegar has strong anti-bacterial properties, which helps to reduce the irritation and itch caused due to dry scalp and skin troubles. The presence of powerful natural ingredients helps in making the hair thick & strong while giving it a natural shine. They also help in keeping the hair frizz free and making it easy to manage. The product is also free of any harmful chemical including Sulfates, Parabens, SLS, Mineral Oil, Petroleum, Artificial Colours & fragrances.
Packaging: The product retails for a price of 599 Rs. and comes in a circular plastic screw
top tub which is sturdy and spill proof which prevents the messy wastage of the product.
Texture: The product is very thick and creamy and glides on smoothly on the hair strands to provide instant nourishment to the hair while strengthening it and helping in further hair growth.
Ingredients: The product is made of three vital components, which includes Onion Juice, Organic Bamboo Vinegar, and Coconut Oil.
WOW Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Mask
WOW Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Mask helps refresh the tired scalp and revitalizes lifeless hair. The presence of Apple cider vinegar and sweet almond oil in the product helps to remove scaly scalp build-ups and helps restore the hair elasticity. This apple cider vinegar and sweet almond oil infused hair mask also helps to avoid build-up on the scalp while preventing dandruff, and reducing itchiness that exists because of it. The mask is known for boosting hair growth, adding volume, strengthening of the hair, and smoothening the rough hair. The hair mask is a blend of natural ingredients that help in improving your hair texture and shine while managing the dandruff. It also helps to build defences around damaged hair shafts and reduces the greasiness from the hair strands. Suitable for all hair types, this hair mask can be used to provide instant nourishment to your hair and restoring the natural pH balance for that gorgeous mane.
Packaging: The WOW Skin Science Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Mask will hardly cause any dent in your pocket since it is available for a price of Rs. 499 for 200 ml of the product and comes in a circular screw top plastic jar.
Texture: The product has a thick, cream-like consistency that glides easily on the strands and is also absorbed at a relatively fast pace.
Ingredients: The product is packed with the goodness of natural extracts like Apple Cider Vinegar, Sweet Almond Oil, and Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein.