A Ceiling fan is a mechanical fan mounted on the roof of a room or space, as a rule electrically controlled, suspended from the roof of a room, that utilization center point mounted pivoting sharp edges to circle the air. Roof fans ordinarily pivot more gradually than different sorts of flowing fans, for example, electric work area fans. They cool individuals adequately by bringing moderate development into the generally still, tourist of a room. Fans never really cool air, dissimilar to cooling gear, they in truth heat the air because of the waste warmth from the engine and grinding, however, utilize essentially less power (cooling air is thermodynamic-ally costly). Then again, a roof fan can likewise be utilized to diminish the stratification of warm air in a room by compelling it down to influence the two tenants’ sensations and indoor regulator readings, in this manner improving atmosphere control vitality productivity. Here, we will explore the best ceiling fans for home in India.
Our Top Pick Ceiling Fans in India
Different kinds of Ceiling fan:
1. Standard fan:
As its name infers, a standard roof fan is the most widely recognized sort. You’ve likely observed the standard kind in different homes previously. They’re outstanding for their five-sharp edge plan, establishment on a downrod, and implicit light. The standard alternative is the most adaptable and adjustable. They arrive in an assortment of hues and wraps up. They’re accessible in a wide range of materials. The light is similarly adaptable. Most accompany light shades that are accessible in various styles and finishes. Switch up the vibe of your standard fan model with a secondary selling light unit to make a completely special search for your home.
2. Low-profile fan:
Low-profile alternatives are likewise prevalent and found in plenty of homes. Usually called “hugger fans” or alluded to as “flush-mount,” the position of safety type is introduced straightforwardly onto a mounting section. In contrast to standard models, low-profile models don’t require a downrod. This one of a kind style of establishment makes them an ideal fit for rooms with low ceilings. There are likewise various customization alternatives accessible. You can change the shading and completion to coordinate your preferences. Multiple installations and lighting alternatives enable you to adjust exactly as you would prefer.
3. Energy-Star fan:
Vitality Star roof fans are rapidly turning into a prominent alternative in homes over the country. These vitality proficient fans are accessible in a few unmistakable assortments, including standard and low-profile models. To get an Energy Star rating, these fans must utilize 20% less vitality than current government necessities. The most elite utilize over half less vitality than government gauges mandate. The expanded vitality proficiency of Energy Star models equivalents lower month to month service bills. It additionally improves the by and large natural invitingness of these fans. Most Energy Star models have a similar potential for customization as standard and low-profile models.
4. Dual-Motor fan:
Another, yet less normal, choice is the double engine roof fan. This model, as its name suggests, has two engines. For the most part, this implies the fan is made of two fans. Double engine fans can course air over a more prominent separation than typical. This makes them mainstream in open structures, however, they additionally function admirably in extensive homes. Every one of the two fans can likewise be separately balanced, empowering you to coordinate the wind current in a specific bearing or at specific velocities. Style is another main reason individuals put resources into double engine models. They add to the appearance of a room when combined with the correct kinds of lights.
5. Damp and Wet fan:
Damp and wet roof fans are made with materials that oppose twisting and other dampness harm. Sturdy every single climate cutting edge is a key structural component. A soggy model is best for rooms with high dampness yet no precipitation. Think washrooms, secured patios, and sunrooms. A wet model can be utilized in rooms with real precipitation. They’re most ordinarily utilized in open, outside structures like gazebos. Extraordinary wet models are intended to confront significantly more maltreatment. These rock-solid models can be utilized in the snow just as territories that get substantial sea splash. The kind of lights utilized should likewise be rock solid. The lights themselves ought to likewise have the option to confront high mugginess levels.
Top Ceiling fans:
Nicola 1200mm Ceiling Fan
Take a load off, as you celebrate in the natural demeanor of this fan from Havells! Flaunting a contemporary exquisite plan, its immortal intrigue goes well with both your office and home goods to acquire you thanks. This fan is accessible in a lot of two, so you can appreciate twofold the advantages. Plus, this fan devours less power, making it a green boss!. They arrive in an assortment of hues and wraps up. They’re accessible in a wide range of materials. The light is similarly adaptable. Most accompany light shades that are accessible in various styles and finishes. Switch up the vibe of your standard fan model with a secondary selling light unit to make a completely special search for your home. It just provides you a super cooling effect which does not even require the presence of an air conditioner.
The blade is widely spread so you need not worry about the area it covers. It has a 72 Watt power so you can understand the intensity at which it rotates. There are likewise various customization alternatives accessible. You can change the shading and completion to coordinate your preferences. Multiple installations and lighting alternatives enable you to adjust exactly as you would prefer. It is a unique contemporary design which would suit to any kind of place that you fit it. The ceiling fan is given a metallic paint finish because it would add up the royal finish to the entire equipment.
Structured and Manufactured by IIT Bombay Alumni, Gorilla Fan is India’s Most Energy Efficient Fan that devours just 28 Watts Power at the most elevated Speed. Gorilla Fan is furnished with a savvy and ground-breaking BLDC Motor which makes the fan super vitality productive. This fan is accessible in a lot of two, so you can appreciate twofold the advantages. Plus, this fan devours less power, making it a green boss!. They arrive in an assortment of hues and wraps up. They’re accessible in a wide range of materials. The light is similarly adaptable. Most accompany light shades that are accessible in various styles and finishes. Switch up the vibe of your standard fan model with a secondary selling light unit to make a completely special search for your home.
It just provides you a super cooling effect which does not even require the presence of an air conditioner. Gorilla fans are outfitted with keen highlights like rest mode, clock mode, help mode which adds sheer solace to your life. Gorilla fans are fabricated from Aluminum subsequently Gorilla Fans are rust verification. Gorilla Fans are perfect for use in Bedroom, Living Room, Study room and Dining room. The 1200MM cutting edge size will commonly cover a territory of up to 144 Sq. ft which is ordinarily the normal size of rooms in Urban Areas.
Havells Ambrose 1200mm Ceiling Fan (Gold Mist Wood)
A roof fan is a fundamental necessity in current living spaces. That does not mean the fan must exhaust. Chill yourself off and furthermore improve the space by bringing home this embellishing roof fan from Havells. The fan has an inventive fan structure and an HPLV engine. That implies you can utilize the fan and keep up a charming temperature all through the room with no stresses. Attributable to the edge size of 1200 mm, this fan has a compass size of 1200 mm. This fan will give impeccable room inclusion to any stay with a zone of 65 square feet to 100 square feet. This fan has been made with consideration and has been intended to emerge and be extraordinary. It is accessible in notable and special hues like gold fog wood, pearl white wood. This sort of plan style makes it extremely intriguing to have up on the roof.
It just provides you a super cooling effect which does not even require the presence of an air conditioner. The blade is widely spread so you need not worry about the area it covers. It has a 72 Watt power so you can understand the intensity at which it rotates. There are likewise various customization alternatives accessible. You can change the shading and completion to coordinate your preferences. Multiple installations and lighting alternatives enable you to adjust exactly as you would prefer. It is a unique contemporary design which would suit any kind of place that you fit it. The ceiling fan is given a metallic paint finish because it would add up the royal finish to the entire equipment.
Before the Invention of Ceiling fan?
Punkah-type roof fans go back to 500 BC and are local to India. In contrast to current rotating fans, these punkah fans move the air by moving to and from and were worked physically by the cord. The first turning roof fans showed up in the mid-1870s in the United States. Around then, they were not controlled by any type of electric engine. Rather, a flood of running water was utilized, related to a turbine, to drive an arrangement of belts that would turn the cutting edges of two-sharp edge fan units. These frameworks could suit a few fan units, thus wound up well known in stores, cafés, and workplaces. A portion of these frameworks endure today and can be found in parts of the southern United States where they initially demonstrated usefully.
The electrically fueled roof fan was imagined in 1882 by Philip Diehl. He had built the electric engine utilized in the principal electrically fueled Singer sewing machines, and in 1882 he adjusted that engine for use in a roof-mounted fan. Each fan had its very own independent engine unit, with no requirement for belt drive. Very quickly he confronted savage challenge because of the business accomplishment of the roof fan. He kept on making upgrades to his innovation and made a light pack fitted to the roof fan to join the two capacities in a single unit. By World War I most roof fans was made with four edges rather than the first two, which made fans calmer and enabled them to circle more air.
The early turn-of-the-century organizations that effectively popularized the closeout of roof fans in the United States were the Hunter Brothers division of Robbins and Myers, Westinghouse Corporation and Emerson Electric. By the 1920s, roof fans were typical in the United States and had begun to grab hold globally. From the Great Depression of the 1930s, until the presentation of electric cooling during the 1950s, roof fans gradually grew dim of vogue in the U.S.,practically falling into all-out neglect in the U.S. by the 1960s; those that remained were viewed as things of wistfulness.
What is the purpose of having a Ceiling fan?
Not at all like forced air systems, fans just move air they don’t straightforwardly change its temperature. In this manner, roof fans that have a component for turning around the bearing where the sharp edges push air (most normally an electrical switch on the unit’s switch lodging, engine lodging, or lower shade) can help in both warming and cooling. Some roof fans, for the most part, Hunter ones made in or before 1984, are precisely reversible (have customization cutting edge pitch) rather than an electrically reversible engine. For this situation, the cutting edge ought to be pitched to one side (or left if the engine turns clockwise) for downdraft, and left (or right if the engine turns clockwise) for the updraft. Seeker Hotel Original is one model. In extremely uncommon cases, for example, late 1984 Hunter Original, fans are both precisely reversible and electrically reversible, in which case it can explode air, or down, in either course.
Some roof fans can just blow air one way and are not reversible at all, more frequently downdraft just, yet once in a while updraft as it were. It’s the situation on most old fashioned fans and most mechanical fans. For cooling, the fan’s bearing of revolution ought to be set with the goal that air is blown descending (Usually counter-clockwise from underneath), except if in uncommon case in which more breeze would be felt when blowing upward, for example, when it’s introduced in passage where edges would be so near the dividers. The cutting edges should lead with the improved side as they turn.
The breeze made by a roof fan speeds the dissipation of sweat on human skin, which makes the body’s regular cooling instrument substantially more proficient. Seeker Hotel Original is one model. In extremely uncommon cases, for example, late 1984 Hunter Original, fans are both precisely reversible and electrically reversible, in which case it can explode air, or down, in either course. Since the fan works straightforwardly on the body, instead of by changing the temperature of the air, throughout the late spring it is a misuse of power to leave a roof fan on when nobody is in a room except if there’s cooling, open windows, or anything that can warmth up the room, (for example, stove) and fan is simply to move air around.
Pre-requisite to fit the Ceiling fan?
- Crescent Wrench – Otherwise called a customizable wrench, a bow wrench has a set screw that modifies the width of the wrench by moving one of the two jaws to one side or left. Utilize a sickle wrench to fix a help prop or any jolts.
- Cordless Drill with Long Bit – Drills openings in different materials. Utilize a cordless drill to introduce the intersection box or utility box to the roof joists.
- Voltage Tester Wire- Otherwise called a test light, the analyzer comprises of two leads that recognize the nearness of power in an installation. Utilize a voltage analyzer when wiring a roof fan by putting one of the leads on the ground wire and the other lead on the hot wire to guarantee there is no power going through these wires.
- Cutters/Stripper – Otherwise called slanting pincers, wire cutters as their name suggests cut wire by indenting and wedging the wire separated. Wire strippers take the electrical protection from the finish of electrical wires. Many hand device makers offer wire cutters and strippers as a combo. Utilize these devices to introduce a roof fan by cutting and stripping the roof fan wires during the downrod get together.
- Pliers – Holds an article solidly set up. Use forceps to fix set screws and lock nuts during the downrod gathering.
- Screwdrivers – Used to turn or drive screws. The most widely recognized screwdriver types are level head screwdrivers and Philips screwdrivers. Utilize a screwdriver to fix and verify the screws on the engine lodging and sharp edges to avert any wobbling or shaking. A few brands may incorporate a screwdriver in the bundling.
- Electrician’s Tape – Otherwise called protecting tape, secure electrical wires and different materials that direct power. Electrical tape is weight touchy and adaptable while giving enduring protection. Utilize electrical tape to protect all wire associations.
- Ladder – Utilize a stepping stool to achieve the mounting section and drape the engine get together just as wire the roof fan. In the event that your roof is 9 feet or higher, pick a 5-foot stepladder. On the off chance that your roof is 12 feet or higher, pick a 8-foot stepladder. In the event that your roof is 15 feet or higher, pick a 11-foot stepladder.
- Dusk Mask – Secures you against breathing in residue and different trash while collecting, introducing, or cleaning a roof fan.
- Safety Glasses – Shields your eyes from dangerous materials and flying flotsam and jetsam during the establishment procedure.
Color, Material, and Finish:
An almost unending assortment of hues, materials, and completions are accessible for each part of your fan and light fixture.The shading and completion depend to a great extent upon materials. Regular materials incorporate steel, nickel, and bronze just as a wide range of wood types.Then there are manufactured materials. These are accessible in an even more extensive scope of hues, and in models that copy the appearance of wood and metal materials.
Size and Dimension:
The two fans and their lights are accessible in about any size you can imagine.Though there are some all inclusive sizes that (as far as anyone knows) function admirably for any room, they most generally go in size from around 12 creeps to up to 72 crawls in diameter.Determine the size of fan that you need by taking the area and stature of the room being referred to into thought.
Efficiency and air flow:
The engine is a standout among the most fundamental parts of your new fan. A quality engine makes your fan progressively productive and improves wind stream in the room it’s introduced in. Your primary choices are DC engine fans, Energy Star fans, and high wind stream fans.
Steps involved in fitting the Ceiling fan?
- Review or safety rules- This would help you in understanding the complete installation process and it would help you in installing the ceiling fan without any discrepancies.
- Ceiling Fan Installation Tools – The tools as mentioned above should be kept ready to install the fan without any one of the above you will not be able to install the fan properly. Thereby, make sure you have all the pre-requisites to install the fan without and disturbance.
- Determine ceiling fan location – Even before buying the ceiling fan, you must decide where to install the fan so that you can choose the size and color of the fan following the interior of the location in which the ceiling fan is to be installed.
- Uninstall existing ceiling fan or light fixture – The pre-existing light or fan that is being fitted in the location where the new ceiling fan is to be installed. Proper arrangements should be made to remove the existing fittings. It can either be done by yourself or make arrangements to remove the fittings.
- Install a ceiling fan – Read the guideline and perform the installation properly with the tools required to fit the ceiling fan and make sure the fitting is proper before making proper use of the installed ceiling fan.
- Wire your ceiling fan controls – Take the help of an electrician or if you have proper knowledge about fitting the ceiling fan then take measure to do the wiring also. But if you are scared or worried just don’t take a chance because you are taking your life into risk by doing this. Instead, just get the help from your electrition nearby.
- Enjoy your new ceiling fan – Now you can enjoy using your ceiling fan.
It is always not mandatory . It totally depends on the users choice.
Not in all cases it depends on the area where you utilize the most and the area which would suit the interior.